Vinyl Liner Patterns and Styles
Once you have determined you have a leak in your pool by performing the bucket test, you can narrow down the source of the leak by doing a pump test.
1. Mark the level in your pool with a piece of tape or small pen mark on your liner. Leave your pool for 24 hours with the pump running.
2. Check the level of your pool after 24 hours and record the amount of water loss.
3. Mark the level of your pool water again and this time leave your pool pump off for 24 hours.
4. To increase the accuracy of the test put your winterizing plugs in your skimmer and jets to block off the lines.
5. After 24 hours with the pump off, check your water level and compare the amount of water lost when your pump was on.
If you lost more water with your pump on, then you likely have a leak in your pool pressure lines. If you lost more water with your pump off, then you likely have a leak in your skimmer line. If you lost the same amount of water with the pump on and off then your liner is probably leaking.
This is a time saving test that can be performed by the home owner so the repair technician has a better place to start and can find the leak faster saving you money. Contact us here to have professional repairs done.