When renovating you pool there are various option for the decking surrounding your pool. Coloured and stamped concrete is very popular with the various patterns and textures available. Plain grey concrete is also an option as well as brick. Your pool deck should compliment your pool and back yard. If you are looking to keep your existing concrete but looking for a different look we have coating options available that will change the whole look of your pool.
Keeping your pool deck in pristine shape can make your pool look like new. Flaking and cracking of your concrete pool deck can be repaired. We can repair or replace almost all types of pool decking. Every deck is different and we treat it as such. The best way to know what options are available to you is to inquire.
- Replacement involves removing your existing pool deck by smashing it with a jackhammer and removing it. Quite often the skimmer and pool coping get damaged when your deck is smashed out. The best time to replace your coping and skimmer is before the new concrete is poured.
- There are a lot of concrete options available from plain concrete, to stamped, and coloured concrete.
- Epoxy coating can fill small cracks and make your pool deck look like new again. When putting any coating on your pool deck the most important steps are in preparation.
- Pressure washing and acid etching to open up the pores in your concrete will mean the difference between a finish lasting a decade to a finish that lasts only a winter. For a good 3 step epoxy concrete finish, be prepared to spend around $1000 in materials and a weekend of labour. There are many different textures and colours available, please inquire.
- Sierra stone is another option to refinish your pool deck and make it looking like new. This type of finish is best done by a professional, and has to be installed properly. Without proper installation, the stones will come loose and end up in your pool.
- Concrete grout or patching material can be used to repair flaking or cracked concrete.